List of Services & Accommodations
Please note that various policies and procedures are in the process of being revised. Please visit this site frequently for updates.
General Services include:
- Pre-admission and pre-enrollment planning
- Priority registration for classes
- Disability management counseling
- Liaison to faculty
- Notification to your professors that you have a disability (only upon your request)
- Specialized individual or group orientation to campus
- Advice on classroom accommodations
- Assistance to faculty and staff to work effectively with students with disabilities
- Tutoring referral
- Assistive technology (e.g., computer equipment, tape recorders, etc.)
- Liaison with the California Department of Rehabilitation
- Maintenance of a loan library of resources including product catalogues and lists of organizations
- Use of the Disability Services Center's Adaptive Technologies Lab and the adaptive technologies stations located in the UCI Libraries
Specialized Services include:
- Testing accommodations (e.g., extendend time, separate room)
- Course Notes
- Sign language interpreters
- Assistive listening devices
- Real-time captioning services
- Limited transportation services (e.g., wheelchair, scooter, knee walker, Ring Road Rides)
- Preferential seating in class
- Assistance in receiving books on tape
- Document conversion; books and other course materials in alternate formats (e.g., enlarged, Braille, computer disk and other audio formats)
- Recommendations for priority housing
- Modification of academic requirements (e.g., part-time enrollment, reduced course load, extended time for completion of degree requirements). Some of these modifications may require review or approval by an academic dean or equivalent. Academic requirements that are determined by the Academic Senate to be essential to the program of instruction or for any directly related licensing requirement are not regarded as discriminatory. Modification or accommodations that would fundamentally alter the instructional program are not regarded as discriminatory.
UCI is committed to excellence through diversity and provides equal opportunity in its admissions, employment, programs, and services in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws. Inquiries regarding the University's student-related non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, 103 Multipurpose Science & Technology Building, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697-1130; telephone (949) 824-5594.
The information in this publication will be made available in alternative formats for people with disabilities, upon request. Requests should be directed to the Disability Services Center, telephone (949) 824-7494; TDD (949) 824-6272. The campus and all buildings are accessible by wheelchair.